Detox Kale Salad with Avocado
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups chopped kale (curly, Lacinato, red, or mixed) or 1 (5-ounce) clamshell
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (from about 1/8 head cabbage)
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt + pepper, to taste
Click for more
Combine the kale, carrots, cabbage, quinoa, and avocado in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and another splash of lemon if you like. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: This is delicious with roast chicken or grilled salmon.