Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved and diced
- 2 ribs celery, halved and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 thyme sprigs, leaves removed (discard stems)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 quarts chicken stock, homemade or store-bought (free-range, organic)
- 8 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked, organic chicken (can be white or dark meat, roasted, boiled, or store-bought rotisserie)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
DIRECTIONS SHOW STEP-BY-STEP
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and thyme for 5 minutes or so until the vegetables are softened, but not brown. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the egg noodles; reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles have softened a bit. Stir in the chicken and the spinach and simmer for a couple more minutes to cook through. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.