Ditalini E Faglio Soup
with Spinach and Parmesan
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannelloni beans or kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups packed spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade is most nutritious)
- 1 cup ditalini pasta or a similar small-sized pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
DIRECTIONS SHOW STEP-BY-STEP
Adapted from Wegman’s Menu Magazine
1. Heat oil in a soup pot on low. Add celery and garlic; cover and cook 4-6 minutes or until tender.
2. Add beans and tomato; bring to a simmer and cook 4 minutes.
3. Add spinach, broth and pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer about 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
4. Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.